This year we will once again be hosting a photo contest from June 4 until September 4 2018.
1 – Butterflies and moths
2 – Insects, Spiders, and Bugs,
3 – Birds and Other Wildlife
4 – Plants and Flowers
Youth under 18
First Prize in each category $50 cash
Second Prize in each category $25
Honorable Mentions at the discretion of the judges.
Award Ceremony and Show:
Saturday September 22 at the Airforce Club (128 King st East, Dundas, Ontario)
Ken Necomb – wildlife photographer
Paul Smith – Director, Hamilton Naturalists’ Club
Bruce Harschnitz – Manager, Hamilton Conservation Authority
Judging criteria will include:
Originality, composition, artistic merit, technical skill and correct identification of species.
– Photos must be taken from the paths of the Urquhart Butterfly Garden, which includes the path along the canal, between Tuesday June 4, 2018 & Tuesday, September 4, 2018.
– Photos are to be submitted without any digital editing beyond cropping, adjustments to exposure, sharpness, and minor colour correction.
– Entries must be received by email as digital files at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on September 4, 2018
– Enter up to 3 photographs per category (maximum total of 12)
– The Urquhart Butterfly garden reserves the right to use the photographs, with credit, on its web site, to promote the Urquhart Butterfly Garden, and finalists may be published in the local newspapers.
– Images remain the copyright of the photographer.
– Photos should be: high resolution jpg format, maximum size of 5 MB each.
Please send a separate email for each category.
In the body of your email include the following information:
- Phone Number
- Age (if under 18)
- Date and time of day each photo was taken
- Identify the species in each photo (It’s easy with the internet!)