June 10th – September 3rd, 2019
Age Categories: Youth under 18 and Adults 18+
Cash and Certificate Prizes!
Photo entries must be taken from the paths of the Urquhart Butterfly Garden, which includes the path along the canal.
ENTRY DEADLINE: MIDNIGHT, SEPTEMBER 3, 2019!
The Urquhart Butterfly Garden is located in Centennial Park at the corner of Cootes Drive & East Street. Parking available on King Street East.
First Prize in each category $50 Cash
Second Prize in each category $25 Cash
Honorable Mentions at the discretion of the judges
AWARDS CEREMONY & SHOW
Saturday, September 21, 2019 | 2 p.m. at the Air Force Club on King Street East in Dundas
JUDGING CRITERIA WILL INCLUDE
Originality, composition, artistic merit, technical skill & correct identification of species
Ken Newcombe, Wildlife Photographer
Brian Wylie, Hamilton Naturalists’ Club
Bruce Harschnitz, Manager, Hamilton Conservation Authority
- Photos must be taken from the paths of the Urquhart Butterfly Garden, which includes the path along the canal, between June 10 and September 3, 2019.
- Photos are to be submitted without any digital editing beyond cropping, adjustments to exposure, sharpness and minor colour correction
- Entries must be received by email as digital files at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
- Enter up to 3 photographs per category (maximum total 12).
- The Urquhart Butterfly Garden reserves the right to use the photographs, with credit, on its website, to promote the Urquhart Butterfly Garden, and finalists may be published in the local newspapers.
- Images remain the copyright of the photographer.
- Photos should be: high resolution jpg format, maximum size of 5 MB each.
Please send a separate email for each category. In the body of your email include the following information:
- Phone Number
- Age (if under 18)
- Date and time each photo was taken
- Identify the species in each photo (it’s easy with the internet!)