This summer, we invite you to participate in the Urquhart Butterfly Garden (UBG) Photo Contest. Take your camera for a walk in the garden and share your best photos with us.
1 – Butterflies and moths
2 – Insects, Spiders, and Bugs,
3 – Birds and Other Wildlife
4 – Plants and Flowers
Youth 10 – 17
Please read on for contest details and how to enter.
First Prize in each category $50 cash
Honorable Mentions at the discretion of the judges.
Photo Contest Funded by Generous Donations From:
The Conserver Society of Hamilton District and Canadian Tire, Dundas.
Award Ceremony and Exhibit:
The Award Ceremony will take place at 2 p.m. on Saturday September 19, 2015 at the Air Force Club on King Street East in Dundas.
Sandy Bell Conservation Authority; Cathie Coward, Hamilton Spectator, Hamilton; Ken Newcombe, Wildlife Photographer.
– Photos must be taken from the paths of the Urquhart Butterfly Garden, which includes the path along the canal, between Saturday July 11, 2015 & Sunday August 30, 2015
– Photos are to be submitted without any digital editing beyond cropping, adjustments to exposure, sharpness, and minor colour correction.
– Entries must be received by email as digital files at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on August 30, 2015
– Enter up to 2 photographs per category (maximum total of 8)
– The Urquhart Butterfly garden reserves the right to use the photographs, with credit, on our web site, in an exhibition, and finalists may be published in the local newspapers.
– Images remain the copyright of the photographer.
– Photos should be: high resolution jpg format, maximum size of 5 MB each.
Please send a separate email for each category.
In the body of your email include the following information:
Name; Address; Phone Number; Age (if 17 or under); Category; Date and time of day each photo was taken; plus identifying the species which is the subject of each photograph (It’s easy with the internet!)